AdventHeath Women’s Training Team
Each year, Kansas City Express partners with AdventHeath for the Women’s Training Team. This six-week outdoor series helps women and girls (ages 12+) of all ability levels prepare for the Kansas City Express Mother’s Day 5K in a comfortable, supportive, women-only environment.
Each week you’ll get tips on relevant fitness topics and then join other women for a walk/run. KC Express members lead groups of different paces, so you can build your fitness week by week.
- Our in-person sessions will be held at AdventHealth South Overland Park (7840 W. 165th Street, Overland Park, KS 66223). Take Exit 69 Highway at 159th Street or 167th Street and head west to Lowell.
- Dates: Tuesdays, March 30 through May 4, from 6-7:30 pm
- The in-person option will be capped to 50 participants. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
COVID Safety Measures:
- Temperature checks completed prior to the start of each session.
- Masks are required inside the facility for bathroom breaks and during warm-up and cool down exercises when social distancing cannot take place.
- Hand sanitizer on-site each night.
- Disposable water bottles provided each night. Note, water fountains located inside the facility are not currently available.
- Participants are required to practice social distancing. We will implement a new wave start to ensure runners and walkers are spaced out safely.
- AdventHealth and KC Express will provide guidance each week to help you reach your goals, while you run or walk at a time that is convenient for you!
- Weekly email communications will include content shared at in-person sessions.
New for 2021, both programs include:
- GYMBOSS Interval Timer and Training Guide for each participant
- Option to join a private online FB group to connect with other Women’s Training Team participants
- Video format for speakers on health and fitness topics, shared every Tuesday
$30/six sessions, including t-shirt and GYMBOSS interval timer