KCE’s BRAG Team has been training hard, and their first goal race, the Plaza 10K, is coming up soon. To spur them on, we offer these tips for a great race day:
1. Get lots of sleep two nights before the race in case you have pre-race jitters the night before.
2. Hydrate well the day before.
3. Eat breakfast on race day. Carbs with some protein (but not much too fat) will usually do the trick.
4. Wear nothing new. Race day is not the time to discover that those cute shorts chafe.
5. Get over the gross-out factor and visit the porta-pots before the race. Once is good; twice is better.
6. Start out slow – and forgive yourself if you don’t make your goal.
7. Have fun!
8. Smile as you cross the finish line.
9. Hang your medal where everyone, especially you, can see it.
10. Register for another race ASAP. (The KC half with the BRAG team comes to mind!)